NC

I have a had a problem with discharge for over a year now. it is light brown and sometimes smells bad. my gyn said it wasn't an infection. what should i do to get rid of the discharge or at least reduce it?

Dr. Georgia Latham
Bacterial vaginosis: Your GYN may have only checked for potentially harmful infections, but not for bacterial vaginosis (BV). BV is a common cause of discharge with a bad odor. BV is not harmful and does not necessarily require treatment, and some doctors do not routinely check for it. BV can be treated with antibiotics. You can try douche with vinegar and water, but no more often than every 2 weeks.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 1, 2015