Red semi circular spot on my leg at the calf. the size of a pea and has been there for months. the skin is slightly raised and scaly. what is it?

8 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Andrea Rodgers answered

Specializes in

Ring worm: It could be ring worm. Ring worm is not a worm but a fungal infection. It can be treated with a cream. I suggest seeing your primary doctor for confirmation and treatment. Here are some images for comparison. http://insidetheclinic.com/does-ringworm-itch/

Answered 11/28/2017

3k views

Dr. Donald Colantino answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Dermatologist: This needs to be examined by your Physician or dermatologist in order to make a diagnosis. Any skin lesion that persists and looks different from anything else on your skin is best checked.The red,scaly,and raised lesion may not be serious but get it checked for peace of mind.

Answered 9/9/2015

3k views