Argyle, TX

Red semi circular spot on my leg at the calf. the size of a pea and has been there for months. the skin is slightly raised and scaly. what is it?

Dr. Andrea Rodgers
Emergency Medicine 28 years experience
Ring worm: It could be ring worm. Ring worm is not a worm but a fungal infection. It can be treated with a cream. I suggest seeing your primary doctor for confirmation and treatment. Here are some images for comparison. http://insidetheclinic.com/does-ringworm-itch/
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dermatologist: This needs to be examined by your Physician or dermatologist in order to make a diagnosis. Any skin lesion that persists and looks different from anything else on your skin is best checked.The red,scaly,and raised lesion may not be serious but get it checked for peace of mind.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017