I have chest discomfort in the center of my chest a little on left. its about 2 inches above the breast bone. it is tender to the touch. feels kind of like a sore. it lasted all night at work, but now the pain isnt really there even when i touch the area.

Dr. Shehzad Malik
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Likely muscular: Hello, if you can really pinpoint almost exactly where the pain is located on your chest (i.e. 2 inches above the breast bone), than it is likely rib pain or some sort of muscular chest wall pain. Do you lift weights or work out? I would rest for a few days, take Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Ibuprofen if it comes back again. It does not sound concerning for heart pain. Hope that helps!

Last updated Apr 5, 2015