TX

my amitriptyline 50 mg 1 at bedtime. it is making me wired. my arms and legs are restless and jumpy. what can i do to prevent this?

Dr. Paul Pyles
Addiction Medicine 33 years experience
Talk to your doctor : It depends on the reason you are taking the medication. Your doctor may change the medication or have you take it in the daytime. Lowering the dose may also help. Best wishes!
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Amitriptyline: Would discuss this with your doctor , so that he can change your medication to something that does not make your wired at night
Neurology 52 years experience
Some thoughts: You are having a paradoxical response, with adverse agitation, but you may have always had a tendency for restless leg syndrome, and the amitriptyline has unmasked it. Suggest you stop this and try an alternative, but now you might need specific drug to handle limb activity. Your doctor needs to reverse all of this.