i took plan b 1 day ago my period was and is due any day now i had sex on saturday how long should i wait til i take a pregnancy test?

48 years experience Pathology
See below: Conception occurs within day or so of the sex. It takes about 3 weeks for the embryo to make enough HCG for a positive pregnancy test. Blood test may be done a day after a missed period. Home pregnancy tests should be done 4-5 days after the missed period. If the result is negative repeat the test in 4-5 days. Use first morning urine and follow instructions for the test carefully.
Answered on May 9, 2020