I've been doing stretches that are supposed to be good for sciatica and piriformis syndrome, but i always hurt more later, what could be the cause?

7 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Douglas Linville II answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Then you're doing the wrong exercises. Some soreness is to be expected. Sciatica can result from arthritic spurs or herniated disc. Piriformis syndrome from nerve pressure in the hip. The two require a slightly different approach from a pt standpoint. Try referencing robin mckenzie "treat your own back" ($8.32 online). Seek a certified mckenzie pt if in doubt.

Answered Oct 3, 2017

5.2k views