U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 22-year-old female asked:

Have a white spot on my eye, with local redness it is very painful. i called teladoc and got antibacterial eyedrops but they aren't working?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jonathan Levin
Ophthalmology 15 years experience
Need to be seen: You should be seen by an ophthalmologist as soon as possible. There are many conditions that could cause a painful, red eye with a white spot. These types of things are not effectively diagnosed over the phone and in most cases require an eye doctor to examine you.
Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Ophthalmology 46 years experience
Ulcer?: If the white spot is on the central part of the eye (cornea) , please see an ophthalmologist today--now as this can be a sight threatening infection.
Last updated Apr 27, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.