U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old male asked:

I have an itchy anus. i have previously had hemeroids but have tried anusol and doesn't work.

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice 54 years experience
Yeast: Might be a yeast infection. Try a Nystatin ointment, cream, or powder. Don't wear a wet bathing suit for the several hours after swimming- dry off.
Dr. Scott Browning
Colon and Rectal Surgery 31 years experience
Fiber, dry anus: Try taking a tablespoon of psyllium (such as metamucil) each day and apply calmoseptine around the anus 2-3 times per day for a couple weeks then as needed. If that doesn't take care of it, see a colorectal surgeon.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Aug 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.