Can i be pregnant and still have my period?

Dr. David Sneid
Endocrinology 41 years experience
Yes: It is possible for a women to continue to have periods for one (or even more) months after becoming pregnant. Check with your doctor if you have questions.
Dr. John Munshower
Not normally: A period signifies your egg did not get fertilized and implanted, so your uterine lining is sloughing off and preparing for the next cycle. See our gyn for routine evals, or sooner if you have any concerns.
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Yes: Not uncommon for some women to have periods for the first one or two months of pregnancy. That is why you can sometimes be off on your dates for delivery.
Dr. Michael Sparacino
See below: 30% of pregnant women experience implantation bleeding at about the time they would expect their period. They mistake this bleeding as their period, when in fact, it isn't.
Dr. Nelly Cohen
No: You cannot get pregnant if you are menstruating.
No: You do not have periods if you are pregnant (but there can be bleeding during pregnancy).