how to tell if i have cystic fibrosis?

Dr. Lotfi Hacein-Bey
Radiology 40 years experience
Sweat test: The gold standard to diagnose cystic fibrosis is the sweat test, which measures the amount of chloride in the sweat. The test takes a few minutes to an hour and is painless. It is done in specialized clinics and hospitals.
Dr. Robert Fink
See a CF specialist: Sweat testing is the classical way to diagnose cystic fibrosis (cf). However, we no recognize that there are milder forms of CF that may have normal or borderline sweat chloride values. In males, azospermia or infertility can be a sign of cf. Genetic analysis of the CF gene is now often used to help establish the diagnosis of cf. Seeing a doctor who specializes in CF is a good idea.
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine 52 years experience
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine 52 years experience
Dr. James Lin
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Agreed/ Go to learn the available truth and facts about cystic fibrosis; that is the first step for everything we intend to do and cope with life. And remember: Life is a process of constant struggle to cope with reality, certainty, and uncertainty of daily living for survival, growth, & continuation. More? To http://formefirst.com/eBlogList.html.
Jul 8, 2014