U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 47-year-old member asked:

Allergic to just about everything; is there a cure? what can i eat?

3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gary Moss
30 years experience
Complicated: Your question is very broad. Allergic disease can present as nasal symptoms, asthma, eczema, sometimes hives, food allergies, etc. You will need to provide more details.
Dr. Su Fairchild
Integrative Medicine 25 years experience
Depends: Consider alcat and / or igg food testing to find out what you are reacting to. Then heal leaky gut. Sounds like you are dealing with food sensitivities, not true allergies.
Dr. Gary Moss
Dr. Gary Moss commented
undefined 30 years experience
I am a Board Certified Allergist/Immunologist with a special interest in food allergy. There is nothing in the medical literature to support the use of the ALCAT and IgG food testing. Both the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology and the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology consider these to be unproven tests. The appropriate test for food allergy is IgE testing, which can be performed as a skin test or blood test. These tests require someone experienced to interpret them, since false positive tests are common. You need to see a Board Certified Allergist.
Mar 22, 2013
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 30 years experience
I agree wtih Dr Moss.
Mar 22, 2013
Dr. Joel Selter
Pediatrics - Allergy & Asthma 38 years experience
Food sensitivity: It really depends upon what you mean by being allergic. Many patients have food sensitvities which are not ige mediated. It is important to have a thorough evaluation by an allergist to determine what you are both allergic as well as sensitive to. Then, a proper diagnosis and diet can then be offered.

Related questions

A male asked:
If im allergic to bananas can i eat plantains?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 37-year-old member asked:
I think i'm allergic to grass. Is there any way to cure this?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 45-year-old female asked:
How to eat healthier but I am allergic to fruits and vegetables?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old member asked:
What happens if I am allergic to watercress should I eat it if I am hungry?
1 doctor answer7 doctors weighed in
Last updated Mar 20, 2017
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.