is it safe to rub alcohol swabs in your skin?

Dr. Edward Jacobs
In small areas: Alcohol swabs are meant to be used on the skin to sterilize small areas at one time. Be careful if you have sensitive skin.

San Diego, CA

I have red blotchy spots on my skin. Lately, I have been drinking excessive amounts of alcohol and using the steam room and pool.

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Blotchy skin: This is probably related to the heavy drinking. You are describing alcoholism and you should seek treatment for this asap.
VA

I heard alcohols are bad. Is Cetearyl alcohol bad for the skin?

Dr. Richard Zimon
In as much as: this additive is ALCOHOL and ALL ALCOHOLS are DRYING agents PRODUCTS containing Cetearyl Alcohol are not good if you have a dry scalp to begin with! Hope this helps! Dr Z

Last updated Mar 23, 2013