Philippines

my tendonitis on my biceps and rotator cuff won't disappear despite depomedrol (methylprednisolone) injection. mri says no nerve impingement. what are other remedies?

Dr. Steven Sheskier
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 39 years experience
PT or surgery: Long head of the biceps tendonitis and rotator cuff pain often occur together. Steroid injections can make the symptoms less but rarely cure the problem which is usually treated with physical therapy 2-3x/week for several months. If improvement is not acheived often arthroscopic surgery is necessary
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
PT: Traditional treatment of rotator cuff and biceps problems that do not respond to a steroid injection include physical therapy or surgical consideration, thank you for the question.