i was prescribed birth control pills (aleese 28 day pack) and i am unsure on how to take it, and wondering why the pills have days if the week on them?

Dr. Ted Anderson
Gynecology 28 years experience
Reminder calendar: Two options for taking your pills. First is to start taking the pills on the day you get the rx. Adjust "calendar" on the pills so that the day corresponds to the day you took the pill. Or just start the pills on the first sunday after your next period starts. In this case, the days will already correspond. Either way, the printed days just help you remember if you took the pill that day.
Dr. Anthony Brignoni
To remember : We used to advice patients to start the pills on a sunday after your period started. Some packaging has labels to change the dates. I advice my patients to start the pill the first day you start bleeding, daily. The days on the packaging is to help you remember.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016