what are the risks of having botox while on warfarin? i'm currently taking 11mg

3 doctor answers
Dr. Benjamin Lerner
19 years experience Vascular Surgery
Bleeding: Botox is delivered subcutaneously with a needle, and depending on your inr, you are at an increased risk of local bleeding at the injection site. You should make sure your doctor knows you are on warfarin prior to trating you--they may decide to wait.
Answered on Jun 24, 2014
Dr. John Walker
25 years experience Plastic Surgery
Bleeding, bruising: Warfarin stops the blood coagulating, and so if you are injured you will have worse bleeding or bruising.
Answered on Apr 5, 2014
3
Dr. Alexander Mauskop
42 years experience Neurology
Slight risk of bleed: I've been injecting Botox for 18 years for chronic migraines, cluster headaches, trigeminal neuralgia, and other conditions and over the years have had a good number of patients on warfarin (coumadin) and they usually don't have more bleeding than patients who are not on warfarin. Patients on Aspirin are more likely to bleed a little more.
Answered on Dec 17, 2014
5