why does my tailbone hurt when i bend over?

Dr. James Bicos
Orthopedic Surgery 22 years experience
Sprain?: You could have an injury to the small ligaments that are around the actual bony part of the tail bone.

How can I heal tailbone soreness?

Dr. Rhett Griggs
Hand Surgery 19 years experience
Protect: This takes time. Sit on a doughnut all the time, or stand. Have you had an xr or been evaluated by an orthopedist? If not this is the place to start.
Crestview, FL

What can cause your tailbone to hurt?

Dr. Patrick Sweet III
Pathology 20 years experience
Injury: Most common cause is injury.
East Hartford, CT

I need to know if it is possible to feel your tailbone, I have a lump that feels like one, doesn't hurt, nor to sit. Just concerned about this lump.

Dr. Chad Zooker
Sports Medicine 17 years experience
Yes, but...: In thin individuals, the tailbone can be felt through the skin, but is not as prominent as other bony areas of the lower spine and you may be feeling one of these instead. There are also other lumps and bumps that can occcur in this region outside the tailbone. Lack of pain is a good sign, but if you are concerned, see your physician to examine the area and reassure yourself.

For what reason does my tailbone hurt and cause external redness?

Dr. Peter Tomasello
Orthopedic Surgery 30 years experience
See below: You may have a pilonidal cyst . Seek out a general surgeon . Good luck thank you.

For what reason does my tailbone still hurt?

Dr. Charles Miller
Orthopedic Surgery 43 years experience
Imaging: An xray usually will tell if the ;tailbone is broken. Generally, whether it is broken or not, if it is painful from an injury, it will generally improve slowly. It is not unusual to take 2-4 months to resolve.

Last updated Feb 3, 2019