United Kingdom

I get little bit of fresh and clotted blood for last 2 months each time i clean my nose, possible causes pls? i use nasonex (mometasone) , ve no sinus pain//ect

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 30 years experience
Dry nose: Nasonex (mometasone) and other steroid nasal sprays can cause irritation in the nasal passages with blood spotting on occasion, especially during the winter and dry seasons. Use a saline nasal spray in conjunction or apply vaseline on a qtip and smear it in the nose. Saline nasal gels are also available over the counter to rectify nasal dryness.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Mark Loury
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 40 years experience
Nosebleed: Nose bleeds are common using nasal steroids especially in the winter when the heat is on and colder air holds less moisture. Make sure to direct the spray away from the nasal septum and follow with some saline gel. If that doesn't help then may need to try different spray.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016