I get little bit of fresh and clotted blood for last 2 months each time i clean my nose, possible causes pls? i use nasonex (mometasone) , ve no sinus pain//ect

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Nayla Mumneh answered

Specializes in Allergy and Immunology

Nasonex (mometasone) and other steroid nasal sprays can cause irritation in the nasal passages with blood spotting on occasion, especially during the winter and dry seasons. Use a saline nasal spray in conjunction or apply vaseline on a qtip and smear it in the nose. Saline nasal gels are also available over the counter to rectify nasal dryness.

Answered Jun 30, 2014

5.3k views