AK

i have finished treatment for stages 3 breast cancer. how often should i be tested to ensure the cancer hasn't returned?

Dr. Shelby Terstriep
Care plan: The follow up plan for breast cancer is a good history and physical every 3-6 months for the first 2 years then every 6 months until 5 years then yearly. It is not recommended to do a lot of scans as survival is equivalent for patients we routinely scan versus those that we follow as recommend above. A mammogram is recommended on affected breast 6 months after radiation then yearly.
Dr. Raymundo Romero
Medical Oncology 22 years experience
Follow up important: Talk to your oncologist. I tend to see patients every 3 months for physical and labs. Sooner if any concern arises.