U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old member asked:

I have had my period for two months....is sonething wrong?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Leila Wing
Dr. Leila Winganswered
Internal Medicine 15 years experience
Need to see doctor: You need to see your ob/gyn doctor. A period longer than a week is abnormal. You need evaluation and a physical exam.
Dr. Francine Yep
Family Medicine 32 years experience
Talk with your doc: Ff your period lasts longer than 2 weeks, then talk with your family doc or gyn. Other warning signs: bleeding so heavy it soaks at least one pad or tampon an hour for more than a few hours, irregular vaginal bleeding, any vaginal bleeding after menopause, feeling lightheaded or dizzy. Great question. Hope you feel better.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 18-year-old member asked:

I have had my period for two months nonstop what can it be?

1 doctor answer6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 23 years experience
Lots of options: You will need to see your obgyn for an exam and testing. Depending on your age and fertility plans there are lots of treatment options. Birth control pills can regulate your cycle. Mirena (levonorgestrel) iuds can minimize your periods. Lysteda is a great new hormone free drug used to stop heavy periods. If you are done with pregnancies ask if you are a candidate for an endometrial ablation.
A 36-year-old member asked:

What to do if i haven't had my period for 4 months :( what's wrong?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
If you were having: Regular periods prior to now, please see your gynecologist for evaluation. That should help to determine the cause.
A 44-year-old member asked:

Why am I having my period 2 times a month?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Finke
Obstetrics and Gynecology 16 years experience
See your doctor: It is not normal to have periods twice in one month and may be metrorrhagia. It should be evaluated by your doctor with pelvic exam and an ultrasound of the pelvis.

Related questions

A 23-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer7 doctors weighed in
A 31-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 16-year-old female asked:
3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 49-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 28, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.