U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old member asked:

Can a man take an estrogen blocker to increase slightly low t levels, or is testosterone the only true way to raise levels?do some men take only that?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Pediatrics 35 years experience
Only testosterone: Man should stay with testosterone at this point if really needed, majority of men make enough testosterone to function.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 32 years experience
Yes, no, yes: There are many ways to increase testosterone if it's proven necessary. It's our job to understand your specific needs and thus develop a regimen that works for you. Testosterone supplementation can render you infertile so if you want more kids, i wouldn't recommend it. In someone w/higher estrogens, an aromatase inhibitor is a consideration but only after you review risk vs benefit w/your provider.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 1, 2015
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.