Los Angeles, CA

are there any other treatments for lissencephaly other than physical and occupational therapy i should know of for my 4 month old baby?

Dr. Ronald Dreyer
Clinical studies: 1st find a lissencephaly specialist and consult with him/er this rather rare syndrome inusa call nih there are two studies being conducted cal is less specific mass is for lissencephaly may be eligible for clinical study i don't personally know of treatment or exercise i hope this has helped and good luck.
Pathology 44 years experience
Thank you Dr. Dreyer. It is good to know that HealthTap has experts such as yourself who can help families facing rare disorders find studies. Let's hope for the very best -- but even if the objective benefit to the child is limited, families and caregivers can meet one another and be helpful in many ways.
Sep 24, 2013
Dr. Adrienne Classen
No treatments: He will likely need speech therapy as he gets older. He needs a good pediatric neurologist and a geneticist. A Developmental Pediatrician may also be helpful. I would find a primary care pediatrician who has experience in caring for kids with chronic illness. I see the complex kids in my practice every 3 months. Keep up the good work!