U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Los Angeles, CA
A 33-year-old male asked:

Are there any other treatments for lissencephaly other than physical and occupational therapy i should know of for my 4 month old baby?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ronald Dreyer
Pediatrics 64 years experience
Clinical studies: 1st find a lissencephaly specialist and consult with him/er this rather rare syndrome inusa call nih there are two studies being conducted cal is less specific mass is for lissencephaly may be eligible for clinical study i don't personally know of treatment or exercise i hope this has helped and good luck.
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
Thank you Dr. Dreyer. It is good to know that HealthTap has experts such as yourself who can help families facing rare disorders find studies. Let's hope for the very best -- but even if the objective benefit to the child is limited, families and caregivers can meet one another and be helpful in many ways.
Sep 24, 2013
Dr. Adrienne Classen
Pediatrics 29 years experience
No treatments: He will likely need speech therapy as he gets older. He needs a good pediatric neurologist and a geneticist. A Developmental Pediatrician may also be helpful. I would find a primary care pediatrician who has experience in caring for kids with chronic illness. I see the complex kids in my practice every 3 months. Keep up the good work!
Last updated Jun 4, 2017
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.