U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old male asked:

Doctor the problem with me is that from my hands sweat or water comes out regular so please guide me ... some times noone likes to shake hands with me?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Arlo Miller
Dermatology 16 years experience
Hyperhidrosis: It sounds like you have excess sweating of the hands. Most of the time, excess sweating affects the armpits, but it can also affect the hands or feet. The first thing to try is antiperspirant. Look for something scent free and apply it to your palms at night. It doesn't care where you use it, and it often will help.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Arthur Balin
Dermatology 48 years experience
Severe cases can be controlled with Botox injections into the areas that are sweating. A single treatment will usually stop the sweating for 4-6 months. A treatment consists of multiple tiny injections into the areas that are sweating. See your Dermatologist for treatment
Feb 19, 2013
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.