Argentina

hi. i am using erythomycin and clindamycin for acne treatment. i feel erythromycin is great. any other recommended drugs?

Dr. Brandon Maples
Possibly: If you're wanting antibiotics, those are the top two most commonly used. The other one commonly used is the tetracyclines, namely tetracycline (although last i heard it was on manufacturer backorder), and also minocycline. Doxycycline is an alternative to tetracycline as well, and is also in the same family. There are also numerous creams/gels/face washes w/different ingredients.
Dr. Robert Bader
Dermatology 27 years experience
Acne treatments: There are several forms of acne and treatments are specific for different types of acne. Here are the mainstays of prescription treatment: clogged pores: tretinoin (retin a), Adapalene (differin), tazorac inflammatory lesions (red bumps, pustules): topical clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide, erythromycin, sulfur/sulfacetamide cysts: oral doxycyline, minocycline, tetracycline, accutane.