A member asked:

There is a hole on my gums on the back of my mouth. what could it be?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Lindsey Wolfer answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Gum disease: This could be an indication of gum disease; gum recession or a traumatic injury. See your demtist to evaluate the situation.

Answered 3/31/2016


Dr. Peter Eng answered

Specializes in

It may be a fistula: The hole may be a fistula which can be origin of a tooth or periodontium. See your dentist right away for evaluation.

Answered 6/14/2016



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question