U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 46-year-old male asked:

I have a problem with p.e what is the course of treatment?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Linda Gromko
Family Medicine 50 years experience
Pulmonary embolism?: If you are referring to a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lung), it is usual for a patient to be put on the blood thinner, heparin, and a little later - coumadin (warfarin). Your doctor will help evaluate the likely source of the clot - often by doing a dopper exam of your legs. It's also important to determine risk factors: medications, genetic factors which predispose a person to increased clotting.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 35-year-old member asked:
How can I get treatment for a reading problem?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
My nephew has a severe dandruff problem. Treatment?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
Could radioactive seed treatment cause problems for my pet?
3 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dandruff problem, i'm embarrassed, what to do for treatment?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 73-year-old male asked:
Pyronies disease, is there a remedy or treatment for this problem?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jan 23, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $19/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.