U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old member asked:

What can the dermatologists do about my blackheads & enlarged pores?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Peter Lio
Dermatology 22 years experience
We can help!: Blackheads can be treated with a number of things, including a retinoid topical medication and, often, starting with some extractions (removal of the clogged pores). The larger pores themselves are much more difficult to permanently fix; it is sort of the "holy grail" in dermatology, but things like photodynamic therapy and some topical medications may be able to help reduce their appearance.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 38-year-old member asked:
At 55 what are ways to hide large pores and get rid of blackheads?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 37-year-old member asked:
Advice? Would microdermabrasion help with blackheads spots and large pores?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old member asked:
How could i best remove blackheads and big pores?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 48-year-old member asked:
How can I aid large pores and blackheads?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Apr 24, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.