U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old member asked:

What could this weird mark on my breast be? there is a history of breast cancer in my family.

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Scott Hayworth
Obstetrics and Gynecology 38 years experience
Depends: Could be a pigmented area. You should see your gynecologist to have it evaluated.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 37-year-old member asked:

What to do if I have a mark on my breast should I be concerned about breast cancer?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Medical Oncology 36 years experience
????: Impossible to tell with the information provided. My advice: have your doc take a look at it. Hopefully is nothing serious but young women can develop breast cancer.
A 21-year-old member asked:

Is my family history relevant to my breast cancer diagnosis?

8 doctor answers40 doctors weighed in
Dr. Stephen Saponaro
Specializes in Radiology
Yes: Women and men with a family history of breast cancer are at increased risk for developing breast cancer. Knowing other types of cancer in your family is also important. Try this tool to learn more: http://www.Cancer.Gov/bcrisktool/.

Related questions

A 44-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 42-year-old member asked:
4 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
5 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
A 49-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jan 20, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.