U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 46-year-old member asked:

How to treat the calcification of the valves?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Diana Metzger
31 years experience
No treatment: Calcification of the valves generally comes from aging, but may also come from healed infections. The calcification does not require treatment, but if it progresses and the valve becomes narrowed, the valve may have to be replaced. Although treatment with statin medications seems logical, studies have not proven its effectiveness.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 26, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.