Lake Charles, LA

I'm 9 days late on my menstrual, not experiencing pregnancy symptoms and i took a pt and it was negative, could i still be pregnant?

Dr. Ryan Stanton
Emergency Medicine 19 years experience
Yes: Many tests won't pick up a pregnancy until 2 weeks after the missed period. You need to keep checking. Check the first urine of the morning, it is most accurate.
Dr. Linda Gromko
Too early to know?: Home pregnancy tests are very useful in detecting a pregnancy close to the time of the expected period. But suppose you ovulated later than usual, or are even ovulating now? Unless you are desiring a pregnancy, be sure to use protection. You could get pregnant now! talk to your doctor or planned parenthood about a reliable birth control method if it's not time for a baby. Good luck. Lgromkomd.

Last updated Mar 17, 2017