I tend to get anxiety attacks when i'm around a lot of people for a long period of time. is something serious going on? what can help prevent this?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

What is a long time?: Sounds like you have some degree of social anxiety. Are these familiar or unfamiliar people? If this disrupts your ability to function (i.e., you have difficulty attending business meetings), you may want to get some counseling. If it is not too disruptive, you may have to work around your discomfort by limiting the amount of time you spend around crowds, especially those composed of strangers.

Answered 10/4/2016

5.4k views

Social nxiety: Nothing serious is going on, this is social anxiety, there is help, get to see a psychiatrist , be evaluated and get treated. This is a common disorder affecting many people. Treatment is a combination of medication and psychotherapy.

Answered 5/7/2016

5.4k views