Bahrain

My 6 w old baby recently had good rest only when fed with my pumped milk in bottle but when breast feed it takes hours and hours. why? is it problem?

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Specializes in Pediatrics
Baby satisfied: Sounds like maybe the baby has latch issues on the breast and may not be getting as much to eat on the breast as when you gave the bottle. Baby may have some weak suck muscles that make breast feeding harder. Is there a lactation consultant in your area>? That would help so much! you may also benefit form an oral motor evaluation. Good question.

Last updated Feb 20, 2015