What does it mean if i have orange tongue?

9 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Mike Bowman answered

Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery

Not sure: Assuming you haven' t been eating lots of orange popsicles, it could be overgrowith of a yeast or bacteria, especially if associated with bad breath or burning sensation. Try some live culture yogurt daily for a week or so. If it persists or if it is associated with severe symptoms, have it checked out.

Answered 1/11/2020

6.2k views

Are you on meds?: The orange color isn't caused by the ingestion of orange colored food/drink? You can tell the difference from food colorings by the lack of a thick coating on the tongue, brushing the tongue & rinsing with a mouthwash does not fully clear the color, & if it does, it returns within hours. Meds like antibiotics can cause it. So can acid reflux. Take tums, (calcium carbonate) maalox to stop acid buildup.

Answered 1/1/2017

5.2k views

Something ingested: Certain foods, coffee, and smoking can cause orange tongue also. Don't forget to brush your tongue.

Answered 1/1/2017

5.2k views

Many things: It could meany things. Eating , drinking certain foods. Some medications . Bacterial, fungal infections. Acid reflux. Not cleaning your tongue regularly. Usually this is not a serious thing. Try cleaning your tongue and watch the things you eat and this should take care of the orange tongue. If you generally feel ill or if it persists then see your dentist or doctor.

Answered 11/4/2016

4.8k views