U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 27-year-old member asked:

My stomach feels like it's burning. does this mean that i need to eat more?

3 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Sidney Vinson
Gastroenterology 28 years experience
No: This could be a symptom of an acid related disorder such as gastriis or esophageal reflux. A 2 week trial of Prilosec otc and a visit to your doctor afterward would be reasonable.
Dr. Arie Pelta
Colon and Rectal Surgery 21 years experience
No: May be gerd or ulcer need to see gi.
Dr. Vasu Brown
Integrative Medicine 35 years experience
Poor digestion: When the food is not digested becomes putrid and creates Lactic Acid which burns. So start taking bromelain with betaine hcl and slowly increase betaine hydrochloride until the burning becomes better. Roughly for people under 150 pounds will need 1000mg of betaine and 1000 more for each 100 pounds. If pain does not resolve in 2 weeks see a md.

Similar questions

A 47-year-old member asked:

What could cause my stomach to feel like it's burning?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Family Medicine 38 years experience
Heartburn: It sounds like you may have heart burn. An easy test is to try an antacid like tums (calcium carbonate). If the burning goes away, you've nailed it. If not, see your doctor.
A 18-year-old female asked:

What does it mean when your stomach feels like it is tite?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bob Ourian
Dermatology 27 years experience
What is tite?: If you tell me what tite means, i'll be able to tell you what your symptoms mean.

Related questions

A 16-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 21-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Mar 29, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.