I have a spot on my head that is sunk in a little bit and hurts at all times. what could this be , it hurts even worse when i touch it. i have been feeling very sleepy which is not normal for me and i don't know if i need to have this checked out or not.

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

I : I agree with the other two doctors, that this is not an orthopedic problem and that you should see someone promptly. It might be a good idea to call your primary care phyisican and see if you can get a head ct scan promptly. A "sunken spot" where there should be hard bone suggests one of several kinds of problems, including infections and tumors, none of which should be allowed to go undiagnosed and untreated for very long if at all. Feeling sleepy suggests a brain functional problem, which may be related to pressure on the brain from a tumor or expanding mass from infection, or from a chronic subdural hematoma, that is a blood clot on the surface of the brain. Go see a physician and get a head scan, asap!

Answered 10/4/2016

5.5k views

This : This is not an orthopedic issue. You should be checked by a neurologist. With a history of multiple concussions (not sure how recent) and now unexplained sleepiness etc.. You should get it checked out, yes.

Answered 10/4/2016

5.5k views