I am a 53 year old female and have excessive burping. tried every otc medication and also ginger root to no avail. i have been to my dr. and he says that i could have soft tissue disease due to having rheumatoid arthritis. when i burp my chest hurts. i do

Dr. Gary Sterba
Rheumatology 47 years experience
Burp : Burp or belch is the product of swallowed air most of the times . The pain in the chest you get is because of the contraction of the chest , fibromyalgia , is often associated with rheumatoid arthritis , and fibromyalgia is a magnification of pain due to a variety of reasons . Your doctor probably should look into this diagnosis to see if there is an explanation for it. Soft tissue involvement in rheumatoid arthritis is related to actual inflammation of the soft tissue and very rarely it involves the chest walls . Other causes of that chest pain should be evaluated.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016