U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A male asked:

What can i give my wife to help her she hasnt been able to hold anythig down for 1 1/2 days now she getting hot/cold flashes and can't even hold down water

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 27 years experience
Hello. : Hello. I suggest getting a thermometer. If her temp is 104 or above, recommend she get medical care. If her resting pulse is elevated or she feels dizzy or lightheaded upon standing, these are signs that she may be dehydrated and may need intravenous hydration. Most of the things i would recommend require being able to swallow and to hold something down. However, medical acupuncture can aid this type of emesis greatly.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.