My eye is red and it keep watering ..why is it doing that ? i put eye drops in my right eye .thats the one that is red and keep watering. its little swollen too

Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Ophthalmology 45 years experience
May : May be a stopped up tear drainage duct or even allergy---need to have it checked out.
Dr. Mark Golden
Ophthalmology 41 years experience
There : There are too many reasons to list for redness and watering. Redness and watering are signs that you have a problem with your eye and you need to seek the care of an ophthalmologist. Causes could include a foreign body, a corneal ulcer, or even inflammation inside of the eye all of which are emergency reasons for care.
Dr. John Kim
Dr. John Kimanswered
Ophthalmology 22 years experience
The : The list of conditions causing redness and tearing is exhaustive. Common conditions include, dry eyes, allergies, foreign body, blepharitis, etc.... For proper diagnosis and treatment, please visit your local ophthalmologist.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016