are you able to get bronchitis easier after having it? i had bronchitis last year. when the air is dry it is a little difficult to draw in a breath, could i have asthma?

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav answered
Emergency Medicine 31 years experience
Yes, : Yes, in fact, after a patient gets bronchitis they very often get it again in the future. Some patients are prone to pulmonary (lung) infections. If you have wheezing or shortness of breath associated, you may also have reactive airway disease or asthma. Please see your doctor right away for treatment. If your doctor can't see you immediately, or if you have fever, chest pain, shortness of breath, or worsening symptoms, then you will have to go to the er.
Dr. Richard Williams
Pharmacy 18 years experience
Possibly: The best way to make sure is seeing your physician, give a good history of your attacks, when , where and why and a spirometry test. These would give your physician a good starting place to determine your condition. Don't wait and suffer, get tested good luck.