is it possible that i am pregnant? my menstrual cycle is irregular normally; i can miss my period up to 2 months late. my partner and i had intercourse several times before and after my period and he ejaculated in me every time. my last period was october

2 doctor answers
Dr. Laura McMullen
20 years experience Pediatrics
As : As doctors, anytime a fertile, sexually active woman has an abnormally light or missed period, the first thing we do is rule out pregnancy. You can either take another home pregnancy test as long as it has been 5- 6 weeks since your last normal period, or you can go see your doctor and they can test you. A home pregnancy test is 97% accurate if taken a week or more after the missed period, so another negative test would help confirm that you are not pregnant. A blood test can tell if you are pregnant as soon as 7 days after conception and a doctor's urine pregnancy test can tell if you are pregnant around when you next period should come. Since your period is usually irregular, this makes it difficult to time fertility windows and know what a missed period means. Since you had an infection the last time you had these symptoms, you should probably be checked by your doctor either way. Good luck!
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
9
24 years experience Psychiatry
Yes it is possible: If it has been at least 2 weeks since you had sexual intercourse, if you still have no period - would take a home pregnancy test.
Answered on Oct 28, 2018