what does this mean? my friend started telling me she has been having a discharge from her vaginal area. and that she has some kind of odor, i have told her that i didn't know what it was or what it meant, so now im here asking you guys what that means.

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav answered
Emergency Medicine 31 years experience
Those : Those symptoms are concerning for infection. A change in the normal discharge with a color to it can represent an infection. Your friend should be medically evaluated. If she develops pain, fever, or vomiting then she should be seen right away.
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Vaginal infection: The odor and discharge are very likely to be a bacterial vaginal infection. A visit to the GYN MD should be your recommendation to your friend for diagnosis and Rx.