Why would would it show alert on my blood pressure result of 123/63. this is part of testing for our health benefits. i know 120/80 is normal and the concern is with the bottom number. but why would they have a red alert by 123/63?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Alan Hendin answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Your : Your blood pressure is completely normal, and i believe there is no reason for concern. Most medical authorities regard the range of normal blood pressure (BP) as 90/60 to 140/90, but I have seen many BP postings with different (and apparently arbitrary) "limits" for high and low. Today many experts believe BP regularly over 130/85 should already be regarded as needing attention. It's possible the screening you were involved sets the lower limit of normal at 65 (so you were slightly below it), but it's commonplace for healthy individuals to have the lower number (diastolic pressure) into the 50's and feel totally well.

Answered 6/29/2019

5.4k views