U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 55-year-old female asked:

I am 55 yrs old have had a pain under my breast on my ribs when i rub it i can feel it through my back same place . what could it be. ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Could be a lot: It could be a rib, breast, intestinal or cardiac problem, sight unseen. At age 55 it is best to have a MD examine the area and fi necessary run additional testing.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 2, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.