Canada

Using metronidazole (netrogel) on face for rosacea. however, i also have this breakout around my eyes. is it ok to use around my eye?

Dr. Karen Han
Dermatology 25 years experience
See your doctor: Metronidazole gel is meant for use on the skin. Because it is not an ophthalmic preparation, it is generally not recommended to apply on or near the eyelid. If your breakout is near your eyelids, have your doctor evaluate it to determine if you have ocular rosacea or seborrhiec dermatitis of the eyes. Treatment depends on the diagnosis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 4, 2015