U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 38-year-old member asked:

what can i do to fix the gap between my front teeth?

7 doctor answers11 doctors weighed in
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dentistry 43 years experience
A few things.: To fix the gap between your front teeth can be fixed with braces, composite fillings to close the gap, veneers on your front teeth or crowns on the teeth. They all have their merits and they each have their costs. Talk to your dentist to see what is best for you.
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dentistry 30 years experience
See a Dentist: There's really nothing you can do yourself. However, your dentist has several amazing options today that can close that gap and make you look fantastic. Today's options are generally very conservative, predictable, and can last a very long time. You should get a consultation and learn about what's available for your specific situation. All the best!
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry 33 years experience
Invisalign: Invisalign is a great solution. Another solution is lumineers or cosmetic bonding with composite.
Dr. S. jay Bowman
Orthodontics 36 years experience
Several things: The best way to determine the treatment options for specific situation is to make an appointment with an orthodontic specialist. Options might include orthodontic treatment or dental restorations.
Dr. Pablo Cuevas
Prosthodontics 35 years experience
A lot: Either invisalign or braces can be used to close spaces between your teeth. I think a smile analysis is needed to determine whether it may be a better solution to place bonding or porcelain veneers on your teeth depending on the size and shape of your teeth. Some people's teeth are just a little small. Find a prosthodontist or highly trained general dentist for help.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Orthodontics: Orthodontics is a good place to start. Go for a consult and see if the treatment is right for you. Minor bonding may also be a solution. Discuss with your dentist to be sure.
Dr. Richard Scotti
Endodontics 36 years experience
Many options: It depends on the size of the gap and how filling the gap will make your other teeth look. You need to sit down with a dentist and discuss your options in detail.
Dr. Michael Wexler
Cosmetic Dentistry 23 years experience
In summary, either some type of bonded filling or porcelain veneers/crowns can close the gap, but as Dr. Scotti said, your dentist will decide with you the best cosmetic choice.
Nov 24, 2013

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with

Similar questions

A 44-year-old member asked:

What does a supernumerary tooth look like?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Teitelbaum
Dentistry 32 years experience
Anything: I personally have 2, they look like regular molars. Some are weird shaped, some are tiny teeth.
A 34-year-old member asked:

I have a gap in my front teeth. What can I do to fix this embarassing look?

4 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kiyan Mehdizadeh
Dentistry 9 years experience
Many options: 1. Bonded composite restorations may close the gap, but if the gap is large, the teeth may not look pleasingly proportional. 2. Porcelain veneers look great but have the same issues with proportion. 3. Orthodontic treatment (braces or invisalign) can close the gap.
A 42-year-old member asked:

On my front two top teeth also I have a small gap. Can the dentist fix this?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Front tooth gap: You would have to be examined and along with x-rays of the area, the dentist would determine the cause of the gap and then discuss what options are available to close them. It might include orthodontic treatment, composite bonding, porcelain veneers or leaving them untreated.
A female asked:

I went to the dentist yesterday and got my teeth cleaned. I now have a pretty significant gap between my lower front teeth. What can I do to fix this?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Elton Behner
Dentistry 37 years experience
Most likely...: you had a"pretty significant" amount of calculus/tartar that filled the space due to lack or effective brushing, flossing, and proper time interval between professional dental visits. If there has been recession of the gum and bone then there may be very little that you can do. Return to your dentist and discuss your options.
Dr. Elton Behner
Dentistry 37 years experience
Provided original answer
Happy to be of service.
Mar 12, 2015
Quincy, MA
A 29-year-old female asked:

Have a gap in my front teeth getting worse as I get older. Dentist has told me since my teeth are naturally wide and short fixing it could look weird?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Philip Schwarzman
Emergency Medicine 47 years experience
Check it out: Get an opinion from a cosmetic dentist. There are many options that are now available for improving the look of your teeth

Related questions

A 59-year-old male asked:
4 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
A 21-year-old female asked about a member:
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 48-year-old member asked:
4 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
Last updated Jun 15, 2015

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.