Standish, ME

I am 28 weeks pregnant and in the past 12 hours haven't really felt any movememnt i usually feel him kicking but i haven't felt that. what should i do?

Dr. Chaim Kaplan
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Get evaluated by Ob: Though I understand your concerns, kick count is not very reliable method of establishing fetal wellbeing. Decreased amount of movement should be further investigated by sonographic exam and possibly fetal heart rate monitoring. I'd advise to get to your doctor to evaluate your baby's condition.
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Call you OB MD: Contact your treating OB MD and tell him your question. Sometimes baby sleep is the source of the non activity, however your OB MD will be able to determine the status with a non stress test if needed.

Last updated Jun 11, 2015