Augusta, KY

can you take milk of magnesia with lorazepam?

Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 30 years experience
Yes but . . .: www.epocrates.com doesn't show any significant interactions between milk of magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) and Lorazepam but you really ought to address this w/your family doc and/or whoever prescribed your lorazepam. It's imperative that your docs know everything you're taking, even if an over-the-counter dietary supplement or a prescription medication from another doc.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
MOM/Ativan: Slight delay in Lorazepam absorption if taken together, although should not affect efficacy. Best to separate the two by at least 15 mins.