Daleville, AL

got hit in kidney area about a week ago no bruise no blood in urine but still very sore to touch feels swollen . anything to worry about?

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Nephrology and Dialysis 40 years experience
Likely musculoskelet: The kidneys are very close to the lowest ribs (floating ribs) that could have a fracture which, if is the case, will take a few weeks to resolve. Of course, cannot rule out actual kidney bruise, however, lack of blood in urine is reassuring. It may be wise to see your primary care, if you haven't, to decide if the tender site is actually related to kidney position.
Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 29 years experience
Probably not: Likely this is muscle soreness. 2 weeks or so till resolves. To be sure though, check with your primary doctor.