U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old member asked:

What works for athlete's foot?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Podiatry 50 years experience
Topical antifungals: Try Lamisil (terbinafine) cream.

Similar questions

A 21-year-old member asked:

What is athlete's foot?

4 doctor answers20 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Tinea pedis rash: Tinea pedis, or athlete's foot, is caused by a fungus (often by t. Rubrum fungus) that can be on locker room floors or other people's footwear. If the fungus is able to take hold on the skin cells and start growing, one will get the athlete's foot rash. Tinea pedis should be treated to relieve symptoms and also to prevent it from spreading to the toenails.

Related questions

A 21-year-old member asked:
How do I know if I have athletes foot?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 32-year-old member asked:
How do you treat athlete s foot with powder?
3 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 22-year-old member asked:
Are there any home remedies for athletes foot?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 21-year-old member asked:
Is it possible to have athletes foot and not know it?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.