what type of head injury causes vision in one eye to be different?

Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology 21 years experience
Optic nerve injury: If the vision in only one eye is affected this can be explained by anatomy. Usually it means damage to the optic nerve from the back of the eyeball to the place in the middle of the skull where the two nerves cross (chiasm). This can arise from injury such as an optic canal fracture causing traumatic optic neuropathy affecting only on eye.
Dr. Ari Weitzner
Ophthalmology 33 years experience
Close to the eye: Further back, the trauma affects one side of the visual field in both eyes. Head injuries typically dont disturb vision in 1 eye.