A 32-year-old member asked:
Is talc 'extremely toxic'?
1 doctor answer • 2 doctors weighed in
Psychiatry 25 years experience
It is considered: Fairly harmless on skin and with ingestion. Here is the problem, when inhaled in significant quantities it can cause inflammation of respiratory system and can be a cause of acute death. So, even if not intended, accidental inhalation can cause serious problems.
5.1k viewsReviewed >2 years ago
Last updated Feb 24, 2018
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.